Personal Coaching with Coach Mike Ricci
As one of only 25 USAT Level III certified coaches in the country, D3 Head Coach Mike Ricci offers the highest standard of expertise within the triathlon community. He has coached dedicated athletes for over 20 years, and actively raced even longer. He holds both himself and his athletes to high standards and his commitment to excellence has earned him a reputation as a coach who’s not only competent, but also thorough, dedicated and incredibly motivating!
Mike enjoys working one-on-one with athletes of all abilities and his coaching resume includes everyone from beginners to Xterra World Champs, as well as athletes who have raced at AG Worlds and IM Kona. He is the former head coach of the University of Colorado Triathlon Team where he coached them to four-time consecutive National Collegiate Championships, and the USAT National Coach of the Year for 2013. Coaching is not only Mike’s profession – it’s his passion!
Mike’s coaching philosophy is based on the principle that if you do the right work for the right reason, the results will follow, and his Platinum Level Plans are designed for those that share his value of training with a purpose. If you’re serious about reaching your goals, you owe it to yourself to seriously consider one of his custom coaching plans. Take a look at the options detailed below, and if you have any questions, you can contact Mike directly by clicking here! Contact Mike Today!
Note: Platinum level contracts encompass a full calendar year, although consideration is given to requests for 6 month commitment.
- Evaluation of past training including race history, previous sports, injuries, fitness tests, etc
- Develop future goals specific to the individual athlete
- Unlimited changes to your schedule for un-forseen circumstances
- Weekly training log review during weekly scheduled phone call. We’ll look at power files, HR files and make recommendations going forward
- Unlimited communication via e-mail, text and phone call initiated by the athlete
- Premium Athlete Edition Training Peaks.com account
- Workouts are sent in one-to-four week blocks, based on the athletes preference, and tailored to your schedule and goals
- Mike’s feedback on Key Workouts – we’ll check in to see how you felt and the results
- Course Specific Strategy for upcoming races
- We recommend a Power Meter, Heart Rate Monitor and/or GPS device at this level of coaching
- Detailed race plan including pacing, nutrition, Power, and Heart Rate strategy
- D3 Multisport Race Kit, Run hat/visor and swim cap included
- Platinum Level Discount on D3 Multisport Training Gear, Camps, Sponsors and webinars
- Set up fee of $250
- Includes everything in the Platinum Program and the following:
- Retul Bike Fit – www.retul.com
- 12 month Personal Nutrition plan with Craig David, BS Exercise Science & Nutrition, Cert. Sports Nutrition Specialists – NESTA
- Run Gait Analysis
- Up to 3 Lactate Threshold Lab Tests
- VO2 Max Test (additional tests optional)
- FUEL Test to measure fat burning capability (additional tests optional)
- A Race Season Supply of Infinit Nutrition
- 4 Swim Analyses’ during the year
- D3 Cycling kit, Race Kit, and other D3 apparel
- Platinum+ Discount on D3 Multisport Camps, Sponsors and webinars
- Coach Mike will travel to your A Race of the season within the continental US
- Set up fee of $250