D3 Elite Development Age Group Team Overview
Passionate triathletes, passionate coaches … the D3 Elite Development Team, brings the two together in Boulder, Colorado for a commitment of calculated workouts in order to achieve big-hairy-goals throughout a 10-month race season! 2018 will be our third season for the team and we have our goals set on peak performances once again. What sets this team uniquely apart from others is the quality of coaching, the commitment to your goals and the camaraderie of the team. Plus, this is the only co-ed elite team in the Boulder area. These are unsurpassed in the sport!
As a result of their commitment to hard work during training, the 2017 team earned numerous top podium spots, achieved personal bests and contributed to the overall success of Team D3 including:
- 1st AG, 18-24F, Ironman Canada
- 4th AG, 35-39F, Ironman Boulder
- 4th AG, 50-54M, Ironman Lousiville
Additionally, 2 of our 9 athletes in the Ironman World Championships this past October train with the Elite Dev. Team.
Let’s move your racing forward to a higher level in 2018 (and future seasons)!
A little curious to see who was on the team this past year? Interested to know what other successes the team has had? It’s ok to do some additional research … here … but we know you’ll like what you see!
The D3 Elite Development Team is a good fit if you have:
* Your sites are set on achieving a breakthrough for the 2018 race season.
* Discipline to follow a training plan crafted by a D3 coach aligned with your individual goals.
* Determination to commit to ten months of swim, bike and run workouts with a team who all bring-their-A-game to each workout.
* Race history that demonstrates your moxie.
* Readiness to volunteer for at least one local-to-Boulder race.
* Willingness to engage on social media.
* Commitment to race at least one local-to-Boulder race with the entire team.
* Commitment to race in the Elite Dev. Team kit.
* In a nutshell, act as an ambassador for D3, support the mission and bring the heat when it comes to demonstrating our 3 Ds: desire, determination, and discipline.
Why: It’s in the coaching and it’s in the camaraderie. This team is your opportunity to achieve something BIG! With coaches that are as driven as you are, and who have an eye on helping athletes develop skills, race plans and dreams, this team is unparalleled. Weekly access to coaches with credentials that have helped athletes exceed their expectations is why this is of high value to you. We understand your training time is precious, and each training session will make progress toward achieving your goals. Plus, you will be accountable to teammates who also want to see you succeed.
Who: While having high achieving athletes on the team is exciting, we are interested in working with athletes who have the Desire, Determination and Discipline to take their game up a notch (or 5)! We are interested in developing the talent that lies within each athlete. Having the following baseline race results is a strong indicator of future success with our coaching:
+ Ironman: Under 11:00 with a goal of 10:00 or better.
+ Half Ironman: Within 5:00 hours, with a goal of going 4:30 or better.
+ Oly: 2:20 or better
+ Sprint: 1:12 or better
+ Ironman: Under 11:45 with a goal of 11:00 or better.
+ Half Ironman: Within 5:20 hours, with a goal of going 5:00 or better.
+ Oly: 2:35 or better
+ Sprint: 1:20 or better
Workouts: This is where the magic begins. Under the direction of Level III USAT Certified Coach Mike Ricci and other D3 coaches, team athletes can expect purposeful workouts that drive and push individuals to be better athletes and bring the team together as one on race day!
1. Swim workouts will be on Friday mornings at 6 am at the North Boulder Recreation Center.2. Run workouts will be on Tuesday mornings at 6:30 am and will rotate various locations to keep it fresh.3. Bike workouts will happen on Thursday mornings after the time change in the spring.4. There will be bi-monthly group rides as well and they will be announced each month, depending on race schedules.
Costs: Our focus and motivation is t
o help athletes achieve their goals. In doing so we build strong coach-athlete partnerships. Athletes on this team must commit to having a 1-to-1 coaching arrangement with a D3 coach, or a Custom Training Plan developed by D3 Head Coach Mike Ricci for the duration of the season. Individual coaches will be in-the-know about the team workouts and will make sure team athletes have a balanced direction toward achieving their individual goals. The price points and benefits vary with each coaching level, but all are within reach! In addition to the coaching fees, the Elite Development Team dues are $125 per month with a 10-month commitment. These dues include the power-packed coached workouts, access to coaches who have your goals in mind, the team race kit and additional team schwag, sponsor discounts, and facility entry fees during workouts.
Athletes who are coached at any level through D3 are considered members of Team D3. The D3 Elite Development Team is unique in that athletes apply for and are accepted on the team, plus they get to train together in Boulder, CO. The Elite Development Team is part of and will be supportive of all Team D3 athletes. Team D3 athletes live around the world and it is our goal to bring them all together through a strong community. Some of these athletes may occasionally join the team for workouts.
The training begins on Friday, January 5th. Application deadline is on Wednesday, November 15th. Applications received after that time will be considered on a case-by-case basis.