Pre and Post Workout Recipes
These muffins are best enjoyed as a snack or pre-workout
- 2 medium bananas
- 5 eggs
- 1/4th tsp salt
- 1/4th cup honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3rd cup ghee or coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut flour
Yields 10 muffins
- Blend all ingredients in Vitamix except baking powder and coconut flour.
- Once blended, add in the baking powder and coconut flour while on low.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes on one rack above normal.
- Slice in half and put with berries, and nut butter if desired.
- Best used as a snack or pre-workout.
This is either a post workout or dinner option (fresh choice for Spring!). These following two recipes are enjoyed together, and enough can be made for delicious leftovers.
Thai Pulled Chicken and Veggies
- 3 lbs organic pasture raised chicken breast (may use beans instead here if VG)
- 4-6 oz water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1-2 apples (green)
- 1 sweet potato or squash chopped
- Chopped fresh parsley*
- Turmeric* (add after cooked, stir in)
- Put everything in the crockpot starting with water and lemon juice, then meat, then the rest. Set on low for 6-8 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, shred the chicken with a fork, holding one fork steady while pulling away with a second fork.
- Put over a bed of greens with drizzled olive oil or chopped avocado or our homemade slaw (see below).
*Turmeric: anti-inflammatory and cancer preventative*Black pepper: anti-inflammatory*Parsley: anti inflammatory and cancer preventativeVeggie Slaw
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-2 tomatoes or red pepper
- 1 head of green onions, chopped
- 1 zucchinni
- 1 cucumber
- 1 handful baby kale or other green of choice
- 1 bunch of basil*
- Any other veggies in the fridge that you need to use up
- A couple splashes of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Optional Annie’s Honey mustard
- Chop all of the ingredients and stir together.
- Can keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
*Basil : antimicrobial and anti inflammatory*Black pepper: anti-inflammatory*Recipe as a whole is very alkaline and abundant in nutrients