Endurance Training Camp 2022
Team D3 Endurance Training Camp
March 12 – 18, 2022
We need 15 athletes registered by Monday, January 31st
We know this camp is the BEST WAY TO KICK OFF YOUR SEASON because this is what past campers have had to say …
- “I loved every aspect of it. Spending time with my fellow athletes and coaches was great. The bike rides had some of the best scenery I’ve ever had while riding bikes. The instruction/pushing from the coaches was outstanding. This was the most fun I have had being a triathlete.”
- “Swimming, because you are doing it next to and with the other people. You get feedback from coaches.”
- “The group. The coaches’ leadership made the camp fun.”
COACHING and TRAINING GOAL:
Train under the direction of D3 Head Coach Mike Ricci and Coach Jim Hallberg, at this high-volume cycling-based camp. We will be riding some of Tucson’s classics including Mt. Lemmon and Gates Pass. You can also look forward to concentrated run and swim workouts (plus a few surprises!). Don’t be intimidated as we will break into groups by ability and you will work at your own pace with support from the coaches.
This is your opportunity to push yourself (safely) and improve your endurance. With a coach’s eye on your technique and ability, you will find your limits and a new level in your training capabilities. You should come into this camp with a solid training foundation, but you will leave with the confidence that you are ready to take on spring racing including 70.3 and Ironman distances.
- Best coaching! D3 Head Coach Mike Ricci and Coach Jim Hallberg. Daily workouts are crafted to help you build your pre-season endurance by these exceptionally skilled coaches.
- Volume! This is a cycling endurance-based camp, but there are volume and technique workouts for run and swim too. The camp is 5 full days and 2 half days of training, and we will ascend the legendary climb up Mt. Lemmon!
- Something fresh! Strength and active recovery sessions
- Knowledge! Coach-led training/racing discussions
- Food! Four dinners including welcome and closing nights, plus two Team dinners during the week.
- Snacks! Daily snacks and nutrition to support athletes pre-and-post workout
- Support! SAG support for all bike rides
- Transport! Shared transportation from the airport on Saturday to the hotel and shared transportation during the week to each training session. Transfers back to the airport on Friday are not necessarily included as departure times typically have a wide range of times, but we will try to coordinate those.
- Goodies! Camp schwag!
A specific itinerary will be shared in advance of the Camp with registered athletes.
*Additional costs: We are organizing a block of hotel rooms in the range of $200 per night. So six nights of lodging will be an approx. cost of $1,200. We request that everyone stay at this hotel. More specifics about the lodging will be coming soon. If you know athletes attending the camp and would like to share a room, that is just fine. You will need to coordinate those arrangements together. Your travel, other needed amenities and the meals not included in the camp should also be considered.
Deposits, payments, and refunds: a $250 deposit or full payment is required by February 6th. Balance due will be required by February 20th. You will pay the hotel directly for lodging. Refunds will only be considered depending on if we have more than 15 athletes. If you become sick or injured we will do our best to provide a credit for a future camp, but again it is based on if we have more than 15 athletes participating.
***To keep everyone as safe as possible regarding the pandemic, we will establish protocols ahead of the camp and during the camp (for example, proof of negative test prior to camp, rapid testing during the camp, temperature checks, and wearing masks during transport.) We are fine-tuning this, but with travel and a group gathering, there are inherent risks involved.***
Questions or ready to register, please contact: Melanie@D3Multisport.com