USA TRIATHLON CERTIFIED COACH
“A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself, have the courage, determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for things that are worthwhile, it can be done.”
USA TRIATHLON CERTIFIED COACH
Getting to the next level in triathlon is often a matter of knowing when to push limits and when to pull back. A breakthrough can also be as simple as working on your mindset, fueling your success with sound mental strategies! I’ve coached a wide variety of athletes over the past 10 years and I can tell you this: while there’s no substitue for consistent training and proper nutrition, a strong fitness base is just one part of the equation!
My coaching methodology revolves around the roles that both the body and the mind play in an athlete’s ability to reach maximum potential. Training the body to swim, bike or run faster, further or with more intensity is hard work. With a custom built training plan and good nutrition on board it definitely gets a whole lot easier. But I know from first-hand experience that if a person is not mentally strong, things can still go south in a hurry – especially in long distance races. That’s why I strive to help my athletes build a comprehensive set of psychological tools too – ‘go to’ strategies to help with focus and motivation. Little mental tricks and techniques can go a long way in making sure the outcome you’ve imagined and trained for becomes a reality!
Challenging days and subpar workouts are inevitably part of the triathlon landscape, as are the times when you’re feeling great and everything clicks. I believe there are lessons to be learned from experiencing both. Sometimes having to fight for a workout is just what’s needed to achieve an important breakthrough in mental conditioning.
If you’re looking to reach new heights in your training and racing, I can help you get there with a consistent, progressive training regime built specifically around your goals and objectives. And we will also spend some time working on the psychological aspects of this sport – alongside appropriate swim, bike and run workouts. With that combination firmly in place you’ll find yourself capable of some pretty amazing things!
AFFILIATES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- USA Triathlon Certified Level II
- USA Triathlon Certified Youth & Junior
- Training Peaks Level 2 Certified Coach
- NESTA Certified Sports Nutritionist (National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association)
- All ages and abilities
- All Distances
- Ultra Running
- Coached athletes to their first triathlons in all distances
- Coached athletes to ITU World Championships
- Coached athletes to 70.3 World Championships and Ironman World Championships
- Currrent Head Coach of 17-time collegiate club national champions University of Colorado Buffaloes
- Coached multiple indivdual Collegiate National Champions
- Raced as age grouper for Team USA in two ITU World Championships – short & long course
- Raced IM World Championships four times as a professional
- Finished top 10 in multiple Ironman Races