“During marathon training I was hitting a huge wall. Meg helped me get the energy I needed to push past that wall. Her advice and services helped me get past a few specific hurdles, but the knowledge she shared continues to prove useful in day-to-day life, weight management, and even grocery shopping.”
– James B.
Registered dietitian nutritionist
Megan is a registered dietitian who received her degree from Colorado State University in Human Nutrition and Food Science. Her post grad work was done in Boulder, Colorado through the University of Delaware. She is now wrapping up her functional medicine certificate.
Megan has several years of personal experience with various realms of nutrition. Her career began working in a heart clinic all the pursuing her passion for sports nutrition. She continued to refine her interest working with professional athletes to improve their nutrition for performance. Megan currently has a diverse array of clientele including people suffering from autoimmune conditions, gastrointestinal distress, heart disease, allergies, cancer, diabetes, professional cycling teams, runners, triathletes and more.
As a young girl Megan was diagnosed with a chronic illness which prompted her desire in nutrition. Her motivation to learn about complimentary alternatives for optimal health has expanded her knowledge for the body as a whole. She began racing triathlon and found that it helped her condition quite a bit. She ended up racing at a high level for several years and now partakes in 70.3 triathlons as well as trail running and other cycling races.
Megan has over 14 years of experience in the nutrition field and has adapted to all of its changes with research and education. She is passionate about learning what is best for each person and focuses on finding the root cause of problems.
Nutrition is a lifestyle and passion that Megan has grasped throughout her life. Her knowledge and experience are great assets to include in your quest toward reaching your goals.
AFFILIATES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist from Colorado State University in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Post grad work was done in Boulder Colorado through the University of Delaware
- Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner
- On-going education at various conferences and seminars throughout the country mainly through The Institute of Functional Medicine
- Passionate about getting to the root cause of specific problems
- Gastrointestinal distress
- Autoimmune diseases
- Heart disease
- Food allergies
- Weight imbalance
- Forbes Nutrition Consulting: private practice for 20 years displaying a vast diversity of clientele seeking her expertise