Endurance Training Camp 2020
Team D3 Endurance Training Camp
March 8 – 14, 2020
*Round trip bike transport from CO available for additional $150
Space is limited
COACHING and TRAINING GOAL:
Train under the direction of D3 Head Coach and USAT Coach of the Year, Mike Ricci plus D3 Coaches Julie Dunkle and Jim Hallberg. This a high-volume cycling based camp. We will be riding some of Tucson’s classics including Mt. Lemmon and Gates Pass. You can also look forward to concentrated run and swim workouts (plus a few surprises!). Don’t be intimidated as we will break into groups by ability and you will work at your own pace with support from the coaches.
This is your opportunity to push yourself (safely) and improve your endurance. With a coach’s eye on your technique and ability, you will find your limits and a new level in your training capabilities. You should come into this camp with a solid training foundation, but you will leave with the confidence that you are ready to take on spring racing including 70.3 and Ironman distances.
Sneak Peek at the Training
- 5 full days (plus two 1/2 days on either side of the week) of training.
- 4-5 bike rides including the legendary Mt. Lemmon. All rides will be SAG supported.
- 4 swims at a local, outdoor pool.
- 4 runs, with some of Tucson’s amazing trails.
- 2 nights of Coach Discussions. Topics will be, “How to Dial in your Most Important Block of Training” and “How to Balance a Busy Schedule with Training”.
A specific itinerary will be shared in advance of the Camp with registered athletes.
- Welcome and overview on the first night.
- 6 nights of lodging in one of two shared houses to maximize athlete/coach discussions and interactions (common bedrooms and bathrooms).
- 5 dinners including the final Team dinner (one night will be on your own).
- 7 breakfasts.
- Dietary considerations will be given during meal planning prior to the camp. Athletes and coaches will come together in each house to make the shared meals.
- SAG snacks are also included each day, but each athlete should plan their own training nutrition throughout the day based on the camp itinerary.
- Professional SAG support from Pro Bike Express for each of the ride days.
- Bike mechanic available through Pro Bike Express. Repairs and any parts will be an additional cost.
- Team D3 Endurance Camp performance shirt!
Things to Note:
- Payment and Refund Policy: $250 deposits are due by December 31, 2019. Athletes are expected to pay their Camp registration balance by February 7th. Full refunds (minus $150) are available until February 7, 2020. No refunds after February 7, 2020. You may transfer your camp registration to another athlete with prior notification to the camp registrar, Melanie@D3Multisport.com. If we can sell your spot after February 7, 2020, we will issue a full refund (minus $150).
- Campers should plan to arrive by noon on Sunday, March 8th and depart between 10-11 am on the 14th.
- Only a full-week option is available.
Questions or ready to register, please contact: Melanie@D3Multisport.com